The Mobile Home Bathroom Remodelsmobile Homes Ideas below is a part of 6 Smart Tips For Brilliant Mobile Homes Bathroom Remodel Collection Gallery. This digital photography of Mobile Home Bathroom Remodelsmobile Homes Ideas has dimension 640 × 480 pixels. You can see a gallery of 6 Smart Tips For Brilliant Mobile Homes Bathroom Remodel below. And if you think that this image are interested to share with your friends, don't hesitate to share it on your Social Media account.
Mobile Home Bathroom Remodelsmobile Homes Ideas - 6 Smart Tips For Brilliant Mobile Homes Bathroom Remodel
Mobile-home bathroom remodeling requires unique considerations not common to traditional home-remodeling jobs. When remodeling a room in a mobile home, you will have fewer options in terms of fixtures and room layout. Additionally, mobile-home bathrooms tend to be smaller, so you will need to focus your remodeling efforts on space-saving innovations. With the right know-how, however, even a novice can perform a charming mobile-home bathroom remodel.
1. Locate structural studs using an electronic stud finder. Unlike in traditional homes, a mobile home’s studs are not always spaced along standardized 16-inch intervals. Mark the stud positions using a pencil, chalk or other easy-to-remove marking instrument.
2. Install any necessary fixtures into the studs. Toilet-paper holders, towel racks and other fixtures must be oriented around studs. Mobile-home walls are often thinner than standard drywall walls, and they do not accommodate plastic screw anchors. This means you will not be able to screw directly into the wall but will always need to use a stud. When placing fixtures, keep functionality in mind, making sure each item is easily reachable. Bob Vila, a home improvement guru and television personality, explains that functionality is the most important thing to consider during a bathroom remodeling job.
3. Consider a shallow medicine cabinet for extra storage. Mobile-home walls are not typically thick enough to accommodate standard 4-inch, built-in medicine cabinets, but a shallow 1- or 2-inch-deep medicine cabinet will likely fit nicely into a mobile-home wall cavity. This will help you maximize space.
4. Paint the bathroom walls according to your decorating tastes. Make sure to prime first, since many mobile homes feature paneled walls instead of drywall walls. Paneled walls have a glossier finish and must be primed before a fresh coat can be applied.
5. Consider a new sink if it is within your budget. A sink with a shallow bowl allows for more storage space underneath the unit, maximizing your overall bathroom space and removing clutter that normally would rest on top of the sink instead of underneath it.
6. Install sconces or other built-in lighting. To free up space in the bathroom, you should avoid freestanding lights. Most mobile homes do not accommodate recessed ceiling lights, but sconces are wall-mounted alternatives that look sleek and save space.
So, here gallery of Mobile Homes Bathroom pictures that you can use as wonderful idea for your home and interior design plans. Hope you enjoyed this Mobile Homes Bathroom images and if you want to get the pictures in high quality (HD Quality) for personal use, you can simply just right click and save as the imagery below the gallery of Mobile Homes Bathroom.